Friday, June 17, 2011

Review: Earth Elementals Mid-Summer's Night Cream

My son's cheeks and chin tend to get very dry and chapped in the cold winter, in part because he frequently licks his lips, and often bites his bottom lip, resulting in the area under his bottom lip becoming very red and raw.  I had been using a calendula based homemade cream to treat him, and it worked great, except it came in the tiniest jar imaginable, and soon ran out (especially since I was also using it for my dry cuticles...)

So I went on a mission to find a new balm/lotion that could be used to soothe and heal his dry skin.  I came across the Earth Elementals line of products (http://www.earthelementals.ca) and emailed the company to find out more.  Turns out that this product is made right in my community, and that my local spa sold it at the time.  I was informed that it would be safe for my son, and would not sting his sensitive skin, and so I bought a jar.

This cream is a subtle creamy pink/peach colour, and comes in a dark brown jar.  It smells amazing, thanks to the natural essential oils it contains, and goes on easily without stinging the skin.  Best of all, when I put it on my son's chapped skin at night, I can notice a real difference when he gets up in the morning - the redness is gone, and much of the chapped areas are healed!

I have started to use this as my regular night cream for my own skin (face and hands) and I love it.  I didn't think I'd like using it on my face, as it contains rich shea butter, and I have quite oily skin, however instead of clogging my pores and causing acne issues, it seems to have the opposite effect, making my skin smooth, soft, and helping blemishes to heal.  I also use it on my hands to help my dry cuticles to heal and stay soft.  It does not absorb super fast, especially into my hands, so I make sure it's the last thing I do before lights-out (I don't want to leave greasy fingerprints all over my bedtime reading material).

This cream is well worth the price it costs, and it will last a long time since you don't need to use very much of it at any one time.  50ml is $8 and 100ml is $14.50, and can be purchased directly from the company's website at http://www.earthelementals.ca/creams.htm.  They also list retail locations where the cream can be bought here: http://www.earthelementals.ca/findingus.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, if you are entering a giveaway, commenting as Anonymous won't qualify you to win (since I need to be able to reach you if you're the winner). Otherwise, go nuts!