Saturday, June 11, 2011

Why Product Reviewing?

As long as I can remember, I have enjoyed shopping, and as I've become a wife, homeowner, and mom, it's become more and more important to spend my money wisely.  I think it's important to have products in your life that make life better, easier, and happier, not ones that weigh you down, make things harder, or frustrate you when you try to use them.  However, it can be hard to know whether the thing you are buying is really going to be useful in your life.  And what's useful for one person may not be that great for another.  My intention on this new review blog is to take a look at products I have purchased and owned, and to tell you my experiences and thoughts with them.  I promise to spill all the details when I love something, but also not to hold back when I feel that a product doesn't measure up.

To put my reviews into perspective, you should probably know more about me.  I'm a married mom of two kids (boy, 4 years old, and girl, 2 months old).  I live in the suburbs in a home that we own (well, OK, the bank owns most of it, but every 2 weeks we get closer to owning it!), and we have 2 older cars.  Right now we are living life on my husband's income as I am on maternity leave, but even when I'm working, I like to find a bargain, and try not to spend money foolishly.  I enjoy running, baking, cooking, shopping, and spending time with my family.  Obviously there is so much more to life, but those are some of the highlights.

Some of the product types that I intend to review are:
  • "mommy" products - maternity wear, pregnancy related products, must-have gadgets, lotions & creams, around-the-house items, such as:
    • Lilac Maternity
    • Milkstars
    • Bella Band
    • Buncha Farmers stain remover
    • Earth Elementals Midsummer's Night Cream
    • Mrs Smiths Elite Diaper Bag
  • "kid" products - anything and everything kid-related, cloth diapering, toys, accessories, baby products, such as:
    • Moon Dough
    • Babyland Pocket Diapers
    • Innobaby Packin' Smart
    • Sling Sisters Reusable Snack bags
  • "geek" products - gadgets and iPhone/iPad apps (sorry, Android users, I just have an iPhone and iPad), such as:
    • Netflix
    • WhatsApp messenger
    • GroceryIQ
    • LoseIt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, if you are entering a giveaway, commenting as Anonymous won't qualify you to win (since I need to be able to reach you if you're the winner). Otherwise, go nuts!