Saturday, June 18, 2011

Review: Goo Goo Baby Perfect Pocket Bibs

I bought my first Goo Goo Baby Perfect Pocket Bib at a local boutique kids store (read: everything is expensive there).  It didn't come cheap - $24.95 plus tax for ONE bib.  But with all the use it has gotten, I am grateful every time I reach for it that I didn't cheap out and leave it there.  My son is 4 now, so it doesn't get a lot of use, but we do still pull it out whenever soup is on the menu, or anything served with syrup.  I bought a more girly one to use for my daughter when she is old enough to need a bib, and we'll make sure that when my son is finished with his, we'll find a good new home for it.

What's so special about these bibs, you may ask?  Well for starters, they are made of really REALLY cool fabric prints.  My son's bib, for example, is a fabric print called "DIG IT" and is a bold orange, red, yellow, green and blue construction gear print on white backing.  Then, the fabric comes laminated on the front side, so it can be easily wiped clean.  It's a really generous size, and has cleverly placed snaps so that you can fold the bottom bit up into a pocket, then the corners of the pocket fold behind the bib to make the pocket open up a bit so it catches any falling food.  According to their website, the pocket will catch up to 1/2 cup of liquid food (that's a lot of syrup!)   The neck snaps are adjustable to 3 different sizes, and it has fit my son for several years now without any problems.  I love that they don't have Velcro closures, as kids do learn to pull those off.  My son will actually ask for this bib when he's eating something messy, which has got to be saying something good about the bib!

You can have a look at the bib (and available patterns) here on Goo-Goo Baby's website.   They also have a Retail Store Locator page here, but beware, the city search is case sensitive, so while there are several stores in Halifax, typing in HALIFAX will get you nothing.  I got my daughter's bib at a local online boutique called My L'il Package (http://www.mylilpackage.com/store/scripts/default.asp) - I'm just mentioning that because they don't seem to be listed in the store locator (probably because they are an online shop, not a brick & mortar store).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note, if you are entering a giveaway, commenting as Anonymous won't qualify you to win (since I need to be able to reach you if you're the winner). Otherwise, go nuts!